Saturday, March 10, 2012

Doilies!

I bought a box load of doilies last winter and I've FINALLY used some of them.

Now I have a diaper bag that actually can fit spare diapers, diaper changing pad, wipes, baby powder, snacks for two kids, toys for entertainment, soothie for crisis, and the all important mother load of books and movies from the library on Tuesdays. I'll let you know how it holds up over beach season. But so far I LOVE it! There's nothing like a custom made item to make you smile. And a pretty doily on the outside. =)



And using the same fabric (because I love it oh so much) I made a garland with 30 pennants for my 30th birthday last summer. A present for me. I hung it up on our porch for my grilled pizza party and absolutely adored it. Now it's adorning my kitchen. It doesn't really go, but I love to remind myself that I can make things for myself from time to time.


Overall I've learned that you can't have enough doilies. If you think you have too many, use some more. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say!