Sunday, June 13, 2010

Crazy...Orange

I'm getting closer. The orange blocks are done.


Throughout this process I am amazed at the tiniest pieces of scraps that I am now willing to work into a project. When I first started sewing I would throw away scraps the size of what you see in the blocks above.

Now it looks a little more like this.


Which means I'm throwing away less and wasting less.
Which also means I have more fabric (and supplies) than I know what to do with.


Please note the rubbermaid bin that no longer shuts. Just a year ago every sewing related thing I owned fit into that bin and that bin lived in a closet. Now it lives in my bedroom because I need daily access to it AND it is overflowing into the boxes you see on the left. My gracious husband has not said a word about losing some floor space. But I still think someone needs their own sewing room.

2 comments:

  1. I COULD EASILY FIT 4 WITH ALL MY STUFF....PATCHES LOOK WONDERFUL!!! I WAS THINKING OF ORANGE LATELY... ALWAYS REMINDS ME OF DREAMSICLES...DINAH

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew my pile of a problem may seem small compared to others! =) I really like the orange too. I've never really worked with just orange before and therefore had to buy fat quarters instead of using scraps. But I really liked it. I'm inspired to do more!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say!