Thursday, March 11, 2010

Hope Springs Eternal

Yes - it was much too hopeful of me to expect the binding and basting of this spring quilt to be finished last night. Instead I spent my baby free time (8 PM to 10 PM) baking zucchini bread and boiling our left over chicken dinner into chicken broth for chicken soup tonight.

Side note 1 - I am getting quite excellent at homemade chicken soup, not to brag or anything...

Side note 2 - when you freeze 3 cups of shredded zucchini, it does not thaw into 3 cups, more like 1 cup. This is an excellent thing to learn at 9 o'clock at night. I rallied and didn't throw a temper tantrum though. Aren't you proud of me!

But tomorrow I will have a funny little post about the one sewing mistake I found while adding the border to the quilt. Stay tuned and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say!