Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spring Circle Quilt III



Can you believe I'm done with the machine sewing aspect of this quilt already? This one has really moved along, well at least by my standards. What are my standards you ask? Well lets just say the last circle quilt I did took me years. Yes YEARS! I couldn't find the right fabric for the border. I couldn't get the seams to line up. I had to learn how to embroider. Am I whining?

Well years later it came together and I absolutely love it. Every single inch of it. This is my favorite quilt...

3 comments:

  1. That is so pretty Sarah! Are you keeping that one for yourself? I hope so, it's really beautiful.

    I, like you, don't sew fast... I sew when I am inspired, and although it may take awhile to finish a project, at least you put your heart into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking of starting trying to do some quilting - and I really like the circles - but I am thinking that maybe squares are better for beginners? what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessie- I completely agree with putting your heart into the quilt. That's what really makes it. I have been working on pushing past procrastination and distractions though in order to sit down at my sewing machine more often.

    Emily - these circles (the pink quilt) are good for beginners too. If you do a striped circle like I did it takes a little more time to prepare. I found anything that didn't require me to line up seams perfectly, like the blue circle quilt, was easier.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say!