Thursday, February 24, 2011

Custom Order

I received my first custom order awhile ago. This is very exciting and nerve wracking for me. I'm so afraid that what I create will not be exactly what the customer had in mind. But it's a friend of my sister's so they have been very reassuring that they are flexible and also understanding of my schedule (trying to finish up my nesting/sewing list). Anyways....I am tasked with making a large 3 x 4 foot piece of fabric art. I'm new at this, so bear with me, but I'm basically making a quilt top and the customer will mount it on a frame in their home.



Here are the inspirational photos the customer sent me.


Here are the fabrics I bought.


And here is the basic design I have in mind.


What do you think?

Did I mention this custom order is for a man!?! Also intimidating. I've never sewing anything for the masculine point of view. But I am extremely excited to get paid to try new things with my sewing machine. Here we go!

3 comments:

  1. What fun! I love the materials you chose. Last year I got asked by a friend to make a baby quilt for her nephew to be. It was nerve racking hoping that what I made was something she would like. It worked out great. Have fun with it, I'm sure whatever you create will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say!