Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Because You Really Wanted to Know About Diapers...

I made two cloth wet bags for baby # 2. We're going 100% cloth diaper this time. Remind me that this was my idea when I'm in the throes of laundry soon.


They're not water "proof", but more on the repellant side. Hopefully they work.
With whirlwind I tried all cloth diapers for about the first three months. We had all in one cloth diapers that I had bought super cheap off of ebay. They leaked. I had to change her every hour and when I went back to work I couldn't keep up with the laundry. But then a friend bought us a gdiaper kit. I was hesitant because there were so many parts: a cloth diaper, a plastic liner and then a flushable insert. But I tried it one day and we are now officially big fans of gdiapers.

Gdiapers now has cloth inserts, so I stocked up on used gdiapers on our local craigslist and bought all new plastic liners (the key to no leaking!!!!) and bought a ton of cloth inserts. Hence the wet bags to store the dirty cloth inserts until laundry time. Wish me luck!!!

Our little diaper corner. Newborn disposables for the first couple weeks of extra smallness and overnight diapers for Whirlwind. When do toddlers/preschoolers start staying dry through the night? I'd love to buy less diapers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say!