Friday, November 12, 2010

Hand Stitching While the Machine is Away

Well my sewing machine had a 10 day hiatus. And while she was gone I made the most of my hand stitching time. I finished the tablerunners/placemats I had started earlier.  Yeah for finishing projects that have been lying around in my fabric bin for a year or more!


(trust me - they're done - I just didn't feel like taking another picture of the final product)

And I got all the supplies I need to make my dear daughter a growth chart!
No, I did not make the one below, that is the inspiration...


I got the idea from this lovely seller on etsy. (I absolutely adore her stuff!) Except I'm going to make it work for two kids, because I'm not going to make this again! And we're going to sew the buttons on as markers of their growth, not for decoration beforehand. But with the sewing machine back in place I hope I make the time to sit and hand sew the embroidery parts of it. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say!