Friday, November 19, 2010

One Year Ago...

One year ago this week I opened Seamingly Sarah on etsy. I had the opportunity to network with a motivational speaker at a Toastmasters event and told him about my dream to start something with fabric. To create with it and sell it. He told me to just go ahead and do it. What was I waiting for? I heard excuses coming out of my mouth, but I knew the truth at that moment. Just do it (sorry Nike). So I did. I took a vacation day from work and I created till the cows came home. I listed maybe five measly things in the shop.

Circa 2009

I feel like I've improved so many things over this past year and yet all at the same time I feel like I'm still just starting because there is so much more to grow from. Will I ever feel like an expert at this? I hope not, because then it might start get boring. Besides, what do I do when I stop impressing myself with my learning prowess? 

Circa 2010

So in honor of that one year anniversary and hopefully many more to come...

I'd like to give away this fabulous little number.


When I first made and put this flower in my hair it felt like I was wearing one of those fancy hats to church. I felt pretty. It is 4 inches in diameter, so it's one of my larger flowers and just the right size to make a statement. But if you're not in the church hat going mood, it looks good everywhere else too: belt, scarf, coat, sweater, bag, purse...you name it, it can go there thanks to the alligator clip in the back.

To enter this giveaway just leave a comment with your name and an email address to contact you with (use "at" and "dot" to spell it out and avoid spamming). I'll pick a random winner one week from today (November 26th). Good luck!

4 comments:

  1. Heather
    baker347(dot)gmail.com

    I love looking at you creations! Good work Sara way to just do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am so glad you reposted on fb. Totally forgot to comment before. I wanna win over Heather!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I want to win over both Morgan and Heather please. :) Besides, Morgan didn't actually post her email address. ;)

    I love hair ornaments!

    Penny
    snowmelon"at"hotmail"dot"com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your crafts, you are such an inspiration to me! I finally finished 2 projects I had been working on for awhile last weekend, it felt great! I'd love to win one of your clips, and I have my eye on those silver ones to possibly purchase, they would be great for Christmas and New Year's.

    My email, as you know, is
    jessie(dot)lynch(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say!