Friday, October 22, 2010

Fear of the Cut

Remember that rainbow baby book I was telling you about yesterday? Well it obviously came from my pile of crazy rainbow blocks. But there's a problem...you see the original blocks are odd shapes for all the projects I want to do with them. So I've been forced to consider cutting them. Oh the horror of cutting up my sewing. It hurts my heart. But I had to finish this book and get it in the mail. I am a to do list kind of girl. I don't like to leave things undone.

So I faced my fear and sliced and diced. It was wonderfully freeing. Now I can make whatever my little heart desires. And I have all these fun new shapes to play with!


Lesson Learned: I'm not going to make so many blocks in advance again unless they're for a specific purpose. Making 35 blocks for inspiration's sake (and to use up scraps) almost sucked my soul dry and left me with some unusable blocks (for now).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say!