Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Jane Austen Anyone?

I think the Jane Austen novel I am reading right now is seeping into my subconscious. I sat down this weekend with a pattern for a princess costume and some pink fabric. My previous experience with patterns has been less than enjoyable (lets just go ahead and say it was heinous). I unfolded the pattern and saw that it was too big for my 2 year old. Being less than enthused to use a pattern to begin with I opted to make something up.

Scary, I know. Just in time for Halloween.


But I ended up loving it! Doesn't it look like a dress from a romantic novel by Ms. Jane Austen? In all honesty I had to make the top twice and had more tucks than I anticipated, but I made it up in my head and I think it came out quite well. I've always been scared to approach sewing clothes, but I'm feeling bold and envigorated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say!