Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My Crabby Day Part I

This past Saturday was not one of my finer moments.
Do you remember those table runners I was working on? Well I was finally ready to quilt them. I have always stuck with the "stitch in the ditch" technique, too scared to try stippling or anything to do with free motion quilting. I finally sat down with my sewing machine manual (God Bless that manual) and verified on the internet (got to love the internet) and was ready to start scaring myself with some free motion quilting on my historic sewing machine. I took the foot off. I raised the throat plate. Ready Set Go. Not so bad for my first time, right? Don't answer that. I was proud of myself. That's all that counts.


But then I broke a needle, and another needle and another needle. Within an hour I had broken 3 needles and my inner reserves were crumbling. I came undone...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say!