Monday, January 3, 2011

A New Year...

Handsome Husband and I both agree that New Year's Eve is a bit hyped up. We have spent many nights trying to attend parties, throw parties, stay up bleary eyed until midnight and celebrate like teenagers. But alas, I don't think either of us were ever really your typical teenager. We like to go to bed and wake up early. So that is why for the third year now we've especially enjoyed our little family tradition. We go to the local Mexican restaurant (toddler included) and we eat food we don't have to cook off of plates we don't have to clean. We come home and put the toddler to bed and then we follow suit after watching less than stellar tv/movie. No staying up, no watching a ball drop, no noise makers, no confetti. We love it.

Another little tradition we try to do is ask each other what we're looking forward to in the new year. Don't get me started on resolutions. I just don't do them. Handsome Husband on the other hand made a resolution to slow down and think about situations before diving in. I asked him if this meant he would start skiing more slowly. He said "no." I love him.

Well when I started thinking about what I'm looking forward to in the new year it started to come out like a to do list (my most beloved of handicaps) and it went something like this:

get through this pregnancy
finish up some projects at work
make more things for Seamingly Sarah
sell more things on Seamingly Sarah
give birth
work how to be a mom to two
try attending/selling at craft shows

Then I stopped myself when I realized I sounded like a to do list. I narrowed it down and I really feel that what I want to look forward to in the new year is being a mom of two and how I want that to be. I want to make sure I'm in the moment with them, present and engaged, and not going over another to do list. Handsome Husband said "good luck." I still love him in spite of himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say!