Friday, January 7, 2011

The Zoo's Side Show

I had quite the productive weekend over the New Year. Not only did I finish that purple table runner, but I FINALLY made a project I've had in my head for months!!!

I saw similiar toys floating around on the internet (I can't remember exactly where), but when my nesting instinct kicked in for this pregnancy I knew I had to make some. Then I found out some friends of ours are pregnant too. So my in pregnancy haze I made another one as a gift. Is it just the hormones that are making me flippin' crazy excited everytime I hear someone else is pregnant?


I think they're cute and oh so not perfect. Mostly I'm more excited that I finally sat down and made them. I put little jingle bells in them and the giraffes have ribbon tags for along their necks (if you can't tell from the picture). The only weird thing is when you actually pick them up to play with them it is suddenly very evident that they look better in 2-D rather than 3-D. Welcome to the zoo's freakish side show of two legged elephants and giraffes! It's slightly disturbing.

But overall I love them and want to make a million more. Would someone else please get pregnant?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say!