Friday, January 28, 2011

Abandoning One Project for Another

I've had a grocery bag full of black and white scraps sitting on my bedroom floor for awhile. God bless my handsome husband for not cursing my overflowing fabric bin!

I had an idea to make black evergreen trees on a white background in a repeating pattern.
Then I made this tree quilt for a wedding gift and now I'm hooked. So I cut out some leaves and even found some solid black fabric for the tree trunk. I pulled out a soft gray fabric for the background....and saw faded spots! No!!!!!!!! I washed it in hopes it was just from storage, but alas, the fade spots stayed.

Not happy.

There goes my idea to make a quilt with only materials I have on hand.


 So while I mourned the death of that idea (for now) I moved on to making a quilt for Whirlwind. She's been quickly outgrowing all the baby blankets that were lovingly gifted to us when she was born. I "accidently" bought too much fabric for baby #2's quilt, so I've decided Whirlwind needs one too, but big enough for a toddler bed. I saw an excellent pattern in a quilt magazine that Santa put in my stocking.

Wish me luck that I can actually finish this one!

3 comments:

  1. I love the colors you picked! Can't wait to see the final product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as the black & gray fabric project, it's not dead....just fermenting, evolving and germinating...can't wait to see what it becomes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors too! They are even better when they are all put together. I can't wait to finish it.

    And you're right, it is fermenting...long enough for me to get a coupon to JoAnn's and go buy some gray fabric! =)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say!